- A canvas with frame.( I have used jute here instead of canvas )
- Acrylic Paint
- EL lights – bought it from amazon
- Super glue
- A needle to poke holes on canvas
Here is how you do:
- Paint the surface. Here I made black background.
- With a pencil draw the text or picture you want. I made the letters to be as continuous as possible, so that I don’t waste the length of the light.
Now lets start fixing the letters. I did the letters from last to first, since I thought I can cut off easily the remaining unused bit of wire.
Where ever needed, poke holes to get your wire light through the surface from back to from or front back according to your letter arrangement.Use super glue to stick the wire. Don’t use glue gun. It doesn’t last. As I ran out of super glue I did remaining with glue gun. But it came off after few days. So I had to redo it with super glue.
You can only do one letter maximum at a time, and you need to hold it patiently until the glue is set well.
Once you finish, secure the back side with cellophane tape. I also glued the areas where I poked holes to get the wire in and out. So that the hole doesn’t get bigger in course of time. Below is the picture of rear.