Lets make a super easy Framed Quote Decor using Cricut machine. With this DIY, you can display your favorite quote anywhere in your home.
- Any size photo frame
- Cricut explore 2
- Weeding tool
- Black permanent vinyl sheet
- Cutting mat
- Transfer paper
- Measuring ruler
- Utility knife (optional)
- Pattern paper 12×12
DISCLOSURE: We only recommend products we would use ourselves and all opinions are our own. This post may contain some affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, we earn few pennies at no additional cost to you. It helps us to keep ‘The nomad studio’ alive. Thanks for support!
DIY Framed Quote Decor
I bought a collage frame from the local store for only $7 and modified the display to make a perfect square opening. Additionally, you need to buy a sheet of paper that will be the backing for the quote. Pick something with subtle pattern that is not too much distracting.
- Flip the photo frame and remove the back panel by turning the tab that holds it together.
2. Remove the backing and reveal the inner photo frame sheet. Its a thick paper board with space to display the pictures. Since, mine is a collage frame, I cut the opening using a utility knife to remove the frame meant for picture collage.
3. Create, Cut and weld the letters. First create the quote text in C ricut design space. Once you are happy with the spacing and font, select all, click attach and weld.
Now, measure the inner space of your display area. I had 13 x 13 inches of display area. So, I decided to leave some 3 inches all around and have the text on a 7×7 inch area. Resize the created text to the required size and click create.
4. Select the material on the machine to ‘vinyl’. Next, set the black vinyl sheet on the standard cutting mat and press the blinking arrow on Cricut. Then press the Cricut symbol to cut the text.
5. Once the machine has cut, careful peel off the vinyl to reveal the letters. Weed all the extras and transfer the quote to a transfer paper.
6. Buy a pattern paper or a blank paper that is bigger than the size of the display area and stick the quote on it. It is important to align the letters straight and in the center of the paper. So in order to make it easier, tape the pattern paper to the frame board first, mark 3 inch gap on all the sides and then place your transfer sheet with quote in alignment to those boundary markings.
7. Once you are happy with the position, reinsert the frame board and backing board into the wood frame.
I made this frame quote during my guest bathroom Makeover. It turned out to be the perfect decor for this tiny room!